Join a Class, Get Your Supplies and Learn How to Work with Glass
Relax and enjoy some classes while learning how to create beautiful stained glass projects that you can be proud of! Our classes are geared to all levels, from beginner to advanced.
Create your own gorgeous stained glass work of art. Learn how to cut and break glass as you create your own personal project using the copper foil method. My classes will deal with the type and quality of glass, the proper tools for your projects, and the best cutting techniques to completion. You will leave the class with a finished project that you can be proud of.
4 Week Session, 1 Class per Week
10:00 am to 12:00 Noon
$125.00 Instruction Fee
Pre-Payment is Required
See below for other cost details
Classes are typically held on Saturday mornings from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon. Class space is limited to 6 students to ensure each student receives personal attention.
First Class Requirements:
- First class only starts at 9:15 am, please be here promptly
- The following three classes start at 10:00 am
- Tool Kit and Supplies must be purchased on the first day of class
- Full Tool Kit Price $185.00
- Supplies $55.00
- Class Instruction $125.00
- Missed classes limited to one (1) makeup class only, withing 30 days of original class date
- The stained glass cost for your your stained glass window not included
- Prices subject to change
- No sandals or open toed shoes
- Eye protection is required. (We sell protective goggles for $6.50)
The first part of this session is devoted to the skills of cutting glass. You will be learning how to cut inside curves, outside curves, straight lines, and strip cutting.
From this you will have learned about: Glass Cutters, Grozing Pliers, Running Pliers, Pattern Scissors and much more.
I have selected 5 easy patterns for you to choose from. Your window will be constructed using the copper foil method. This technique, a Tiffany invention, is the wrapping of each piece of glass in copper. Then, a bead of solder is run down the entire copper seam. The copper foil technique allows for greater detail and easy construction.
The supplies for this project include:
- 1- 36 yard roll of copper foil
- Solder Flux
- 1 lb. 60/40 Solder
- And other miscellaneous supplies
This project may take 3 sessions to complete, depending on your skill level.
The total cost of the course will depend on how aggressive you are!
For more info, call or come in (always good to call first).
NO CLASS FEE REFUNDS